Tuesday 7 June 2016

Artist Spotlight - Pins and Needles - colourful, creepily cute artist dolls and accessories

Artist Spotlight - Pins and Needles - colourful, creepily cute artist dollsand accessories

Hello everyone,
Pins and Needles is a crafter I had the pleasure to meet at Emcon this year. The whole stall immediately grabbed my interest, not only for the colours and unusual dolls but the fact that each doll has a little card with a lovely little backstory.

Official website: http://pinsandneedlesofficial.co.uk/home
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialpinsandneedles/

Theres a wide variety of creepy cute designs. Unlike some creepy cute artists these designs do not focus on gore or have most things black. This is actually quite a refreshing change. Don't get me wrong I adore creepy cute but sometimes theres only so much black I can have before I long for some colour. 

There's a collection of keyrings to adorn your bags or keychains. They come in a variety of shapes including brightly coloured bats, scary staring eyeballs and colourful skulls. The skulls here are definitely my favorite with their unique detailing which reminds me of Sugar Skulls made for the Day of the dead in Mexico. 

Don't worry you won't have to try and read the stories off my pictures, each story is available on the Pins and Needles website. It gives each one a little personality and some insight into the design choices for each one. 


There's quite a few members to the Pins and Needles gang, though I will be keeping an eye on the Pins and Needles website to keep an eye out for any new recruits to the group.
I'm actually rather excited about the Alternative wedding toppers where you can ask for a pair of cute monsters based on you, your partner and your very own love story. You can even include a little monster for your pets or children. This does mean that there are so many possibilities for dolls that we should be careful about a potential take over. First the Pins and Needles craft room... then... the WORLD!  Tee hee.

Check out the wedding toppers here: http://www.pinsandneedlesofficial.co.uk/alternative-weddings

Unfortunately I couldn't stay too long at the stall since the area the stalls were in were suddenly filled with a pack of rampaging Darleks. I'm not kidding there were Darleks all around the convention, I'd spotted them chasing Doctor who cosplayers, making plans to take over the world (loudly) and squaring off against superheroes. Since I didn't have my trusty sonic screwdriver with me I didn't want to take any chances and scarpered. 

Pins and Needles has a really great website to look through so you can read all about the dolls, their stories and find out about the upcoming events they are attended so you can see the lovely makes for yourself. 
I definitely recommend checking out the website, it has a brilliant offer at the moment for 15% off an order when signing up to their newsletter. Not only will you be able to keep up to date with news its a really good excuse to start a brand new collection. 
Now excuse me I think I may need to go and make some room on my shelf before I take advantage of that offer. :)

Much love and happy crafting
Gemma 
Links

Official website: http://pinsandneedlesofficial.co.uk/home
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialpinsandneedles/

For more Artist spotlight posts here are some links:
A preview of Simbrix - Interconnecting bricks for creative sculptures
Fun things to make with Simbrix
Unboxing and review of Cutiepies' Hair bows
Artist Spotlight: Maz's Boutique

 For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.