Wednesday 22 July 2015

Kids counting animals: 8 Elephants

Kids counting animals: 8 Elephants


Colour Used in these areas: DMC Number Anchor Number
Black Outlines 310 403
Dark grey Main body of elephants 414 235
Light grey Toes of elephants 762 234
White Polar ice caps 5200 1
Green Land on Earth and Lettering 986 246
Blue Sea on the Earth 800 144

This design was drawn originally with Anchor colours in my cross stitch design program. Use Anchor threads to get the closest match to the picture. I used a conversion chart to get the DMC numbers.

Please let me know if any colours are off and I will amend them in the chart.

This is another instalment of Kids counting animals: 8 Elephants

With four baby elephants and four adult elephants all walking around the world you can have loads of counting fun. This one is definitely my favourite of the kids counting animals series. I hope that those lovely baby elephants will be as fun to cross stitch as I found them to draw.

It may be a little ambitious but I would love to sew all of the kids counting animals and make them into a large quilt. I bet that my lovely niece would really like it and practice her counting on many of the pictures. :) Maybe we can use it to help her learn the names of all the animals too.

Here are a few links to more of the Kids animal counting series:
Counting themed designs
Kids animal counting: 1 Hippo
Kids animal counting: 2 Giraffes
Kids animal counting: 3 Monkeys

Kids animal counting: 11 Slimy Snails
Kids animal counting: 12 Pawprints


 For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.