Wednesday 4 July 2012

Cute Chocobo Cross stitch design

Cute Chocobo Cross stitch design
Todays design is my all time favourite character from Final Fantasy - which one? All of them (except the first which did not have any Chocobos)

This is a sweet baby Chocobo. He is trying to catch his dinner but since Chocobos are vegitarians it is only a carrot after all.
There are two versions of this design, the difference is in the eyes. This version has black round eyes to look like Chocobos from the main games where they are more animal like and serve as mounts or pets. The second version (below) the eyes are more cartoon like which is inspired by the Chocobo themed spin off games such as Chocobo tales and Chocobo racing.

 A cute baby Chocobo with cartoon-ish eyes.
I drew it this way because I was inspired by Chocobo Tales. I tell you what if you want a nice game you can play for a few minutes at a time with super cute graphics and very re-playable minigames you really can't go wrong with Chocobo Tales. I got it when it first came out and still go back to it from time to time. *fangirl time over*

To simplify the colours I used the same orange for the beak, feet and carrot. However if you want to make it more accurate to the games you may want to make the feet a nice brown colour instead.

Colour
Used in these areas:
DMC Number
Anchor Number
Black
Outlines
310
403
Orange
Beak, feet, carrot
741
304
Yellow
Main body
307
289
Dark Yellow
Main body shadows
444
290
Green
Carrot leaf
987
245
Grey
Toes
822
390
Blue
Eyes (of Chocobo tales type Chocobo only)
799
145

This design was drawn originally with Anchor colours in my program. Use anchor threads to get the closest match. I used a conversion chart to get the DMC numbers.

Please let me know if any colours are off and I will amend them in the chart.  

I claim no ownership of Chocobos at all (though I would like one as a friend) the character design and concept belong to Square Enix as the developers of the wonderful Final Fantasy series. This picture is fan art shared for free for all of the cross stitchers who love chocobos as much as I do.

For some more Game themed cross stitches here are some links:
Link from The Minish Cap
Small Doom logo
Phoenix Wright - Objection
Professor Layton

  For the Buzy Bobbins Index page Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.